Modern Frame Log Cabin Block

Alternative Trip Around the Block @QuiltRoutes

Continuing with my A.T.A.B!
This block is presented as an easy, straight forward block, using up strips of random width.
It is straight forward, but I definitely have problems keeping things 100% straight.


I decided to repeat the block, but with a little bit of wonk. It took me half the time to complete, but then I enjoy working this way.


The fabric for these were used because they were at hand. They are part of (another) self imposed task to USE STUFF UP!


I know which block I prefer. Now I have to decide how to quilt them.

If you are interested you can find out more about my STUFF UP! here.

**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide..

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. Oh how wonderful to know even you have trouble staying straight!!! I love “wonk”. And I love this take on log cabin block. Thank you for sharing.
    Last year I emailed you re your ‘Bunting quilt” cos I couldn’t find enough directions - well, thank you for your help! I did make it in 3 days flat and gave it to my best friend as a new house warming gift. I would love to send you a picture of the quilt in her bedroom next to her big sliding glass door onto the balcony that just looks at the ocean. The colours were so perfect and she just loves it! Thank you for a wonderful pattern. Good luck with the digital downloads ongoing dilemma. Can you tell me how to send the photo to you?
    quilting on with great joy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts